Safety changes we have had to make.
Peeps, we are having to put together a few changes to how we function and run The Otter Vale Wild Camping due to the current circumstances, but to enable us to open our gates again when allowed.
Many of you will have been to stay with us before and are aware of our pride in being able to offer you space and choice of where you set your camp up. This will not change you can still choose between meadow or woodland and have a fire. The changes are not just for our safety but also for yours.
I have just put the changes in a list form for ease of reading.
1. Booking is necessary, drop inn's off the road will not be accepted.
2. Booking : We need to know the following: how many adults/children/tents/Hammocks/Van /nights. Name of persons in charge of your party, address, telephone number, email and the reg number of your vehicle. Please copy and paste the text from the booking form on to an email fill/delete and send. I will send you a conformation via email with arrival instructions.
3. You will need to bring your own drinking water as access to the current supply will be out of bounds as it is part of the house. The standpipe by the loo block is safe for cooking, washing up etc.
4. It will be your responsibility to take your rubbish home to sort for recycling, DO NOT dump in a ditch or hide in the woodland, it has all arrived with you and you will have eaten most of it by the end of your stay. so room should not be a problem.
In previous times we have had to re-sort any refuse left even though we did provide bins. This meant that one of us manually had to go through it. Due to current circumstances we do not feel this is safe for us to do, so when packing your gear please remember that you will have to take your rubbish home with you to recycle.
5. Please bring with you hand sanitiser, loo roll etc. All children will need to be accompanied to the toilets due to their positioning and social distancing. The facilities may be closed at some point during the week if deep cleaning is taking place.
6. Payment via bank transfer, the settlement amount and bank details will be sent to you with conformation of your booking. Obviously neither you or us will know how much wood you will use if you choose to have a campfire and if you choose to purchase it from us. The purchase of wood can be made down by the farm house from Sam and Lyn, £5 a net cash please on collection, this will be available between 9am and 7pm. Available fire pits are still FOC and will be delivered to your chosen spot or if you do have your own please bring it along for the stay.
I do hope this all makes sense, I have tried to keep it as safe and simple as possible. None of us know how this is all going to go so we are very much having to play it by ear. I am afraid some things may change depending on how it all pans out. It is all going back to what camping used to be, boiling the kettle to wash your dishes at your tent perhaps top and tailing the kids ! We have chosen to keep the shower and toilets open but they will not be cleaned everyday, instead we are going to place cleaning materials in the shower an toilets and will be asking yourselves to use the disinfectant spray to sanitise before and after you use. Hopefully these measures will enable peeps to come and enjoy some much needed space, peace and tranquility in the beautiful Otter Valley.